MYKONOS - LITTLE VENICE SUNSET 20x24 in, acrylic on canvas, SOLD


In May 2008 Christine and I spent three holiday weeks on a cruise ship that left from a port outside of Rome. Decidedly, my favourite island stop was the Greek island of Mykonos. I understand there is so much more to the island than an afternoon walkabout permits. I would return in a heartbeat. Where we disembarked, there is a tiny enclave of shops and restaurants known as Little Venice. I know that almost every visitor snaps a photo of this place as I did. When I have shown the painting, invariably people stop to say, "I have been there. That's Mykonos." I painted a four painting series of Greek scenes upon my return home. This was the first and the largest of the four. It is a striking sunset scene of some of these apartments and open air cafes. I enjoyed capturing the vivid colour of the low sun on the water and buildings. There was a strong deep pink to the sky and water which dared me to duplicate it. I was pleased that it turned out well. Beside some restaurant patrons I have placed my wife Christine in the lower left, enjoying the warm glow of the setting sun.

This is set in a quality dark mahogany frame with a two inch white liner.

1 comment:

Detroit Fan Repairs said...

This was a llovely blog post