IT'S CLEARING 20X24 in, acrylic on canvas, SOLD

This is a scene of the White Rock marina at the end of the pier. It was an overcast morning but the skies were promising fair weather and at least a couple of sailors were out early preparing to leave their mooring. Technically this painting was one severe pain. The perspectives were ridiculously challenging. It sat for weeks untouched at one stage because I couldn't muster the courage to try to correct what I didn't like. It is as finished now as I will make it but I am still not satisfied with the outcome. Others see it as a nice work. My challenge was the angle from which I was trying to render this scene, standing on the deck of the pier looking down with the dock slanting away from me into the distance and the many boats tethered together. It was too complex a painting for me at this stage. I will do a better job next time I am certain but I will limit my subject.

No comments: